Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Grace

Have you ever asked somebody how they were doing and watched them respond with the pasted on smile and the words "Im fine...great...everything is great"
And you want to look them in the eyes and tell them to stop lying.

I have a friend like that. Not the pasted on smile part....the part where he will look me in the eyes and tell me to stop lying.
We never get together for coffee or talk on the phone. We just see each other at home group every week.
He's one of my best friends. One of my greatest teachers.
I want what he has.

So today, when I asked someone how they were doing, and I got the pasted on smile....I told them to stop lying.
Sometimes my recovery is about doing the things that others did with me.
Giving it away.
Sharing my truth.
God's grace has touched me too many times to count.
God help me be part of the grace that touches other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment