Friday, May 16, 2014

I am a non-smoker, with cheerleaders!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:51 PM So......I have a quit smoking cheerleader in my corner.......my ex-husband's new wife Posted Image Is that weird? I don't think its weird, but when I mentioned to a couple of friends that she messages me or calls me to see how the quit is going, they were shocked. Posted Image I figure she probably wants her hubby, my ex, to quit too....and maybe this would give him incentive. Or drive him crazy. Plus, she likes me. And I like her.......she's a pretty awesome lady. Posted Image In the middle of the snowstorm today, I said eff-it and got in my car and drove to a trendy new coffee shop downtown and met a friend for fancy salted caramel latté. T'was delicious plus I got to have inappropriate, immature girly conversation.....something I really don't do often enough. I gossiped, I made fun of my in-laws, I moaned about my kids and my once mature home renovation now looking like a daycare center. At one point, I looked out the window and there was a pretty 20-something girl, huddled in the snowstorm, smoking. ~sigh~ "That's sad" I said to my friend (who was never a smoker, but does belong to my 12 step world so understands addiction perfectly well. "Ya well.....that was you 7 weeks ago missy" she replied. And it was. A little bit of snow and 80km hr winds wouldn't keep me from my smoke. And now........ A devious daughters ex-boyfriend, a baby in my newly renovated house, restraining orders and visits to police stations........none of this can make me smoke. Posted Image I am a non-smoker.

No comments:

Post a Comment