Friday, May 16, 2014

I had an entirely different post planned

I did, I had a witty, insightful post planned. Maybe something fun and light. I wanted to write about my new sense of smell. But........ I started typing....... and........well............... It felt a bit like that fairy tale with the princess who tries to sleep but there's a pea under the mattress. I'm having a rough day. **** that. I'm having a rough year. It began in January when we foresaw the adult child-momma moving home with baby.......and it's April now and it just keeps coming. Oldest child has written us all off.....ticked that we won't bail her out of credit card debt. 16yr old baby is just a self-centered brat since her sister moved home, presumably because she has to share her time space and attention. And I'm not a coddler. Never have been. Unfortunately knowing and enforcing ones boundaries means that people who desire to manipulate you, now call you a bitch. Sucks when it's your kids. My mom tells me "Your not even a broken in parent until your kids have hated you. Suck it up." My mom is not a coddler either. :) This is not manufactured quit-smoking drama. So, this is what life does, right? The latest in the string of 2014 deficiencies: My dad, the man who puts the sun in the sky for me every morning.....has some kind of health issue going on. I can't even utter the C word. But I'm scared. With good reason. He was diagnosed 20yrs ago with a rare disease, Wegeners Granulomatoses. His kidneys shut down, dialysis for 4yrs, daily meds that would fill your morning cereal bowl, all culminating in a transplant 16yrs ago. The kidney is old. The drugs he took, continues to take, come with a high risk for cancer. Plus he smoked. For years. He isn't himself. He's not well. His dr appointment is today at 4. I presume we will know nothing more, but more tests will be scheduled. I wanted an upbeat post. But I don't have it in me. Tomorrow is a new day.......maybe I will send myself to bed before supper so I can end this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment