Friday, May 16, 2014

I came across some photo's of my dear Christie......jeezus, I miss that woman. Its not everyday that friends come along that can peer right into your soul. Christie was one of those friends for me. *For those who haven't followed any of my previous posts, Christie was a lifelong friend. She passed away last year after battling cancer that was a direct result of her many years of smoking. Anyhow, these pictures were taken 5 months apart. She did have cancer in both pictures.....but oh the downhill slide happened so fast when it began. I look back to where I was then, in the protective cocoon of denial. I had no idea how bad it would get for her. No idea that that second picture of her would look heavenly compared to what came in the last couple of months. I had no idea that a human body could endure such an assault and carry on, day after day while her loved ones quietly begged for her to be released. These are the "remember when's" that will keep me from picking up that first cigarette. For all you gave me Christie, in life and in death......I thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment