Sunday, November 22, 2009

Reminded by a newcomer

Once again, a newcomer reminded me of some powerful feelings that I needed to have stirred up.
She shared with me that 2 months in, she still didnt feel a sense of belonging. She felt that if she never came to another meeting, not one person would say "Hey...anybody seen that new girl lately?" Often, she goes to meetings alone and ends up sitting by herself. How sad. How very very sad.
Gave myself a right good kick in the pants for all the times Ive stood talking with my friends instead of looking around for people all by themselves. Gave myself another kick for forgetting how awful it feels to be alone and how wonderful it feels when somebody remembers your name and sits beside you in a meeting so you arent alone.
Ok done kicking myself. Into action from here on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment