Monday, October 18, 2010

Surrender

It was my dreams that I had clenched in a fist of discontent and wouldn't release. But time and grace had now pried every finger open. There is peace in an open and upraised hand that isn't grasping for anything.


I can remember a time where I had definately surrendered to the problem, yet was unwilling to surrender to the solution. I still wanted to do things my way, and sought out people who would agree with everything I did.
Surrendering to the solution meant going against the grain of who I seemed to be...taking direction that I did not like, doing things that I was convinced would not work.
Funny, when I let go of any notion that I knew what was best for me and let God take the wheel, allowed him to work through the people around me, I finally got a glimpse of what serentity tasted like.

No comments:

Post a Comment