Friday, May 16, 2014

2 months cigarette free and the girl sulks

If I'm not mistaken, its been 2 months smoke free. It feels like some of the newness has worn off......it feels like I can no longer use "quitting smoking" as a justification for a moment of foot-stomping-foul-mouthed meltdown. Being a non-smoker is not exciting anymore. It feels like nobody is congratulating me anymore, like nobody even notices....like its just a given, I am now a non-smoker, so get on with it. LOL, I remember hearing in a 12 step group that addicts are the only people on the earth that want a cake/party/parade for doing what non-addicts do every day without complaint. I find some truth in that.......sadly. Im going to have a pity party for a bit......well, until someone crashes it. And they always do. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment