Friday, May 16, 2014

I smell authentic

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:47 PM "Some change looks negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge." ~Eckhart Tolle~ I dont know if I buy into any of this new age-y wisdom...this Eckert Tolle and Oprah and whoever else serves up the armchair psychology du jour But....if I have a choice, and I always have a choice..... I can decide to lean into "I buy this. Kinda. Or at least I think I could buy into this" as opposed to leaning into "What a bunch of bullshit". And leaning into "I kinda sorta buy into this" totally changes my perspective. So I await. For something new to emerge. Out of the poopy diapers and baby vomit and restraining orders and counselors and lawyers and police officers. I await. Hands and heart open. But NEVER....never are my hands open for a cigarette. Or a martini. Or a rolled up bill. I am the smell good, behave well grandma. I smell of sweet pea lotion and cookies and tomato soup. I behave safe.....and authentic....and solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment